/* */

Caption (Original Description)

Abandoned buildings in North Hibbing. In 1919 when ore was found to lie under the town site most of the town was moved by log haulers, building by building, to its present site. Demolition of still standing buildings goes on today as mining operations expand

Photographer

John Vachon

Classification (Original Tagging System)

Lot Number (Shooting Assignment)

1146

Call Number (Library of Congress)

LC-USF34-064043